At ruumi we are building apps to give farmers actionable insights at their fingertips and manage their grassland and grazing in sustainable ways.
At the core we finance land regeneration and support livestock farmers with the changes they need to make. We provide a financing platform with satellite-enabled apps so farmers can become more profitable and sustainable through carefully managed livestock grazing, and they get financially rewarded for their effort.
Who we're looking for
Our farmers are our brand. We are looking for a self-starter who can grow and support this community. The ideal candidate loves speaking to new people and cares deeply that our farmers get the best experience. You love rolling-up your sleeves and getting on the phone but you also know what it takes to scale the capability and work with business stakeholders. You'll do everything from prospecting to onboarding farmers and maintaining these vital relationships. It's an exciting chance to join an early stage start-up and make a big impact. You'll collaborate with all teams and drive forward a critical aspect of the business.
We are a remote-first company with folks based in the UK, Berlin, Denmark, Spain and Portugal. Ideally you'd be located in a timezone +-4h allowing for somewhat overlapping working hours. We are at an early stage and do not believe we can fully support folks on the opposite side of the globe as of now.
What you'll be doing
The following gives an overview of high-level responsibilities we want you to take on.
- Responsible for the whole farmer sales process; from prospecting potential farmers and build interest by following up on farmer sign-ups to signing agreement with ruumi
- Ownership of the onboarding experience, bringing farmers onto the platform and ensuring they get off to a great start
- Stay connected with our farmers to maximize their utility of our grazing apps
- Developing on our current sales- and farmer success process
- Collaborate across the teams at ruumi and make a valuable contribution to product development
- Be the champion for our farmers and help them be our champions out there in the big wide world
- Visit farms now and then to meet and build on our farmer relationships
What we're looking for
- You enjoy setting a target and trying to reach it
- Great communication skills - knowing what lingo to use when speaking to farmers
- Love speaking to new people (and on the phone! :-))
- You are curious by nature and want to approach things differently
- Can take ownership of a process and structured
- High emotional intelligence; able to listen, empathize and ask good questions
- Experience working with farmers before or have a connection to farming
- Experience leading or building a customer focused team with a proven track record of achieving success for customers and team members
- Worked in a startup environment before
At ruumi we work with farmers and companies to create the conditions for a better future.
We’ve spent the last two years listening to farmers - an experience we wouldn’t swap for anything. As a result, we feel deeply optimistic about the possibility of restoring a healthy balance between mankind and nature. By putting the real-world needs of farmers first – and by being open and honest about what we can and can't do – we believe we can make a difference.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in a purpose-led early stage startup. You'll have the opportunity to build your ideas, see the impact quickly and watch a business (and grass) grow.
Company benefits: 30 vacation days per year for you to re-charge and stay on top of your mental health; the best remote working equipment and a co-working space budget to support you day-to-day; quarterly off-sites to get together as a small company.
Want to learn more? Soils are depleted in both developed and less developed countries. The nutrient and water cycle are at stake. Disruptive weather patterns are making it increasingly difficult for farmers to forecast and deliver their desired output.
When we replenish soils, increase biodiversity, and improve the nutrient and water cycle, the planet can absorb carbon into the ground and help farmers to sustain their business more effectively.
Here are a few more resources we like: